The ports that need to be forwarded for Peer Impact are listed here:
Peer Impact - PC
- TCP: 2222
- UDP: 2222
Forwarding Ports for Peer Impact
When you use Peer Impact you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Peer Impact.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for Peer Impact
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Peer Impact in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Peer Impact:
List of Routers - Customized for Peer Impact
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Peer Impact.