How to Port Forward in Your Router for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
When you play Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- Role-Playing Games give you hours on end of game play where you can explore a new world through the eyes of your own character. They tend to be the longest style of game with the most immersive story lines. Popular RPG titles include Skyrim, World of Warcraft, and Fallout.
- An MMO game is a Massively Multiplayer Online game where 1000's of players play in the same game world at the same time. They are frequently fantasy based like World of Warcraft, but they can also be sci-fi like Star Citizen. MMO's have a strong focus on character development and loot collection.
How to Port Forward Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
When you are playing Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Find your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the appropriate box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
The ports that need to be forwarded for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis are as follows:
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - PC
- TCP: 50502-50505
- UDP: 50502-50505
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
We have guides that are custom tailored for Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis that will show you the incoming ports.
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - PC
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Xbox One
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Switch
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis - Playstation 4
After that you're done - your ports should be open. Wait, there's more... Check out our growing list of games and applications.