The ports that need to be forwarded for PhoneFree are listed here:
PhoneFree - PC
- TCP: 1034-1035, 2644, 8000
- UDP: 1034-1035, 9900-9901
Set Up a Port Forward for PhoneFree
When you use PhoneFree you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to PhoneFree.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your phone's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for PhoneFree
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your phone in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for PhoneFree in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for PhoneFree:
List of Routers - Customized for PhoneFree
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for PhoneFree.