The ports that need to be forwarded for Playfire Client are listed here:
Playfire Client - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Playfire Client yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Playfire Client
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Playfire Client. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Playfire Client.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for Playfire Client
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Playfire Client in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Playfire Client:
List of Routers - Customized for Playfire Client
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for Playfire Client.