How to Create a Port Forward in Your Router for Project Highrise
Project Highrise has the following styles of play.
- In a strategy game the player is required to use skillful thinking and a strong focus on planning ahead in order to achieve victory over their opponent. They can be either single player against bots or multiplayer against other players. They come in both turn-based and real-time versions, the former allowing each player a chance to complete their turn, the latter having a continuous running clock without stopping. Resource management and exploration are common themes in strategy games.
- The management style can be either resource management such as wood and ore, or player management such as a sports game.
Port Forward Project Highrise
When you are playing Project Highrise you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your network router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them. Alternatively you can do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Project Highrise
The specific ports for Project Highrise are as follows:
Project Highrise - PC
- We do not know the PC ports for Project Highrise yet. If you know them please send us a message using our Message System.
Project Highrise - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Project Highrise - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
Project Highrise - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Project Highrise - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Project Highrise simply follow one of these links:
- Project Highrise - Playstation 4
- Project Highrise - Switch
- Project Highrise - Xbox One
- Project Highrise - Steam
That should be all you have to do to forward your ports. Check our growing list of games and applications for more port forwarding guides.