The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Proliphix are:
Proliphix - PC
- TCP: 80, 8081
Setting Up a Port Forward for Proliphix
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use Proliphix. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to Proliphix.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your computer.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for Proliphix
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your computer's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for Proliphix in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Proliphix:
List of Routers - Customized for Proliphix
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Proliphix.