The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-101 device:
QNAP TS-101 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-101 device
When you use a QNAP TS-101 device you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-101 device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-101 device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-101 device in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-101 device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-101
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-101 device.