The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-109 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-109 Pro
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-109 Pro NAS.