The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-121 NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-121 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-121 NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-121 NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-121 NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-121 NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-121 NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-121 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-121
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-121 NAS.