The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS:
QNAP TS-209 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-209 Pro II
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-209 Pro II NAS.