The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-209 NAS:
QNAP TS-209 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-209 NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-209 NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-209 NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-209 NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-209 NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-209 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-209
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-209 NAS.