The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-212-E - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-212-E NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-212-E NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-212-E
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-212-E NAS.