The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-212 NAS are:
QNAP TS-212 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-212 NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-212 NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-212 NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-212 NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-212 NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-212 NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-212
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-212 NAS.