The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-219P+ device are:
QNAP TS-219P+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-219P+ device
When you use a QNAP TS-219P+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-219P+ device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-219P+ device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-219P+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-219P+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-219P+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-219P+ device.