The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-239 Pro II+
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II+ NAS.