The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS are:
QNAP TS-239 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-239 Pro II
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-239 Pro II NAS.