The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device are listed here:
QNAP TS-239 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-239 Pro device. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-239 Pro device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-239 Pro
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-239 Pro device.