The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-259 Pro+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-259 Pro+
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-259 Pro+ NAS.