The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-259 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-259 Pro
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-259 Pro NAS.