The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device are:
QNAP TS-409 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-409 Pro device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-409 Pro device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-409 Pro
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-409 Pro device.