The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-409 device are:
QNAP TS-409 - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-409 device
When you use a QNAP TS-409 device you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QNAP TS-409 device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-409 device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-409 device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-409 device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-409
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-409 device.