The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-409U device:
QNAP TS-409U - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-409U device
When you use a QNAP TS-409U device you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-409U device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-409U device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-409U device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-409U device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-409U
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-409U device.