The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS are:
QNAP TS-419P+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-419P+
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-419P+ NAS.