Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-419P NAS:
QNAP TS-419P - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-419P NAS
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-419P NAS. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-419P NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-419P NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-419P NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-419P NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-419P
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-419P NAS.