The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-419U II device are:
QNAP TS-419U II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-419U II device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-419U II device. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-419U II device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-419U II device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-419U II device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-419U II device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-419U II
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-419U II device.