The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-420U NAS:
QNAP TS-420U - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-420U NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-420U NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-420U NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-420U NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-420U NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-420U NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-420U
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-420U NAS.