The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device are listed here:
QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device
When you use a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-439 Pro II+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II+ device.