The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device are:
QNAP TS-439 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device
When you use a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-439 Pro II
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-439 Pro II device.