The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device are listed here:
QNAP TS-439U-RP - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device
When you use a QNAP TS-439U-RP device you might need to forward some ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-439U-RP device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-439U-RP
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-439U-RP device.