Here is a list of the ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS:
QNAP TS-459 Pro+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-459 Pro+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-459 Pro+ NAS.