The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device:
QNAP TS-459 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device
When you use a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-459 Pro II
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-459 Pro II device.