The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device:
QNAP TS-459U-SP+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device in the correct boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-459U-SP+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-459U-SP+ device.