The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS:
QNAP TS-459U-SP - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-459U-SP
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-459U-SP NAS.