The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device are:
QNAP TS-509 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device
When you use a QNAP TS-509 Pro device you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-509 Pro device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-509 Pro
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-509 Pro device.