The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device:
QNAP TS-559 Pro+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Type the IP address of your NAS into the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-559 Pro+
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-559 Pro+ device.