The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device:
QNAP TS-639 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-639 Pro device. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-639 Pro device.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- The list of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Network Utilities lets you manage port forwards by putting them in when you need them and also removing the ones that you no longer need which maximized network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-639 Pro
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-639 Pro device.