The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device:
QNAP TS-659 Pro II - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device
When you use a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device you might need to forward some ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device in the correct boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-659 Pro II
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-659 Pro II device.