The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS:
QNAP TS-659 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS.
Routers are not designed to allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find the IP Address of Your Router
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-659 Pro
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-659 Pro NAS.