The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device are:
QNAP TS-809U-RP - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forwarding Ports for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device
When you use a QNAP TS-809U-RP device you might need to forward some ports in your router. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QNAP TS-809U-RP device.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-809U-RP
Those are the steps to take in order to forward ports in your router for a QNAP TS-809U-RP device.