The ports that need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS are listed here:
QNAP TS-859 Pro+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Setting Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- The IP address of your NAS.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-859 Pro+
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QNAP TS-859 Pro+ NAS.