The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS:
QNAP TS-859 Pro - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Set Up a Port Forward for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS
When you use a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS you may need to forward ports in your router. By forwarding ports you allow connection requests coming from the internet to be directed to a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your NAS's IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Log in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your NAS's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-859 Pro
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-859 Pro NAS.