The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS:
QNAP TS-859U-RP+ - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding ports you can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your NAS's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. Our Router Detector tool is free to use and is part of our Network Utilities software.
You can also follow our Find Your Router IP Address article.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The way to forward a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Type your NAS's IP address into the correct box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-859U-RP+
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP+ NAS.