The following ports need to be forwarded for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device:
QNAP TS-859U-RP - PC
- TCP: 21-22, 25, 80, 443, 445, 873, 3306, 6881-6999, 8080, 9000, 13131, 55536-56559
- UDP: 6881-6999
Forward Ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QNAP TS-859U-RP device. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to a QNAP TS-859U-RP device.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your NAS.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
To find your router's IP address the easy way you can use our free Router Detector software. The software is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and it is completely free to use.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device
You can use our Network Utilities software to automatically forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The step-by-step process for forwarding a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your NAS in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Some routers need to be rebooted in order for the changes to be saved.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device:
List of Routers - Customized for QNAP TS-859U-RP
That's all it takes to forward your ports for a QNAP TS-859U-RP device.