The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for Qnext are:
Qnext - PC
- TCP: 5235-5236
- UDP: 5237
Set Up a Port Forward for Qnext
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use Qnext. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to Qnext.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
Otherwise, you can follow our guide Find Your Router IP Address.
Setting Up a Port Forward for Qnext
The easiest way to forward your ports is to use our Network Utilities software. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
You can also choose to set up port forwards manually. The way to forward a port is:
- Begin by logging in to your router.
- Locate the section in your router that deals with port forwarding.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for Qnext in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Usually you have to reboot your router in order to save the changes.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for Qnext:
List of Routers - Customized for Qnext
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for Qnext.