The incoming ports that need to be forwarded for a QSee QR414-405 DVR are:
QSee QR414-405 - PC
- TCP: 80, 9000
Forward Ports for a QSee QR414-405 DVR
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use a QSee QR414-405 DVR. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to a QSee QR414-405 DVR.
Routers generally do not allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- Your router's IP address.
- Your DVR's internal IP address.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Find Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It is part of our Network Utilities suite of tools and is free for you to use it.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
How To Forward Ports for a QSee QR414-405 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Another option is to go through the process of forwarding ports one step at a time. The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Find the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put the IP address of your DVR in the proper box in your router.
- It is now time to type the TCP and UDP ports that you are forwarding for a QSee QR414-405 DVR in the correct boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QR414-405 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QR414-405
Those are the steps for forwarding ports in your router for a QSee QR414-405 DVR.