The following ports need to be forwarded for a QSee QSD2216 DVR:
QSee QSD2216 - PC
- TCP: 80, 5000-5001
Forwarding Ports for a QSee QSD2216 DVR
You might need to forward some ports in your router when you use a QSee QSD2216 DVR. The purpose of forwarding ports is to make a direct connection from the internet to a QSee QSD2216 DVR.
By default routers do not allow incoming network requests. A port forward can overcome this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port
Before forwarding a port make sure that you know these things:
- Your router's IP address.
- The internal IP address of your DVR.
- Each of the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward.
Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
If you do not want to run the software, you can follow our Find Your Router IP Address guide.
Forwarding a Port for a QSee QSD2216 DVR
A smart way to forward your ports is to use Network Utilities. Our Network Utilities software allows you to add port forwards and also remove them when you no longer need them to maximize your network security.
Alternatively you can do it by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put your DVR's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for a QSee QSD2216 DVR in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for a QSee QSD2216 DVR:
List of Routers - Customized for QSee QSD2216
That is the process required to forward ports in your router for a QSee QSD2216 DVR.