The following ports need to be forwarded for RealPresence Desktop:
RealPresence Desktop - PC
- TCP: 3230, 3250
- UDP: 3230, 3250
Set Up a Port Forward for RealPresence Desktop
You may need to forward ports in your router when you use RealPresence Desktop. Forwarding ports is used to allow incoming connection requests from the internet to RealPresence Desktop.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. Forwarding ports can work around this limitation.
Before Forwarding a Port Checkoff This To Do List
Make sure that you know these things before forwarding a port:
- The internal IP address of your router.
- The internal IP address of your computer.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
Find Your Router's IP Address
You can run our free Router Detector software to locate your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for RealPresence Desktop
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. Since Network Utilities allows you to both forward and un-forward ports easily you can keep your network security maximized, and then forward ports only when you need them.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for RealPresence Desktop in the corresponding boxes in your router.
You probably will need to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for RealPresence Desktop:
List of Routers - Customized for RealPresence Desktop
That's all it takes to forward your ports for RealPresence Desktop.