The ports that need to be forwarded for RealVNC are listed here:
RealVNC - PC
- TCP: 5900
- UDP: 5900
Set Up a Port Forward for RealVNC
When you use RealVNC you may need to forward ports in your router. A port forward allows incoming connection requests from the internet to go straight to RealVNC.
Routers do not generally allow incoming connection requests from the internet. By forwarding a port you can overcome this limitation.
Remember to Do These Things Before You Forward a Port
You need to know the following things before you can forward a port:
- Your router's internal IP address.
- Your computer's internal IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Locate Your Router's IP Address
We have free Router Detector software to help you find your router's IP address. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
We have a guide you can follow Find Your Router IP Address if you don't want to run the software.
How To Set Up Port Forwarding for RealVNC
We have Network Utilities software that can forward ports for you. With Network Utilities, you can easily forward ports and also un-forward ports quickly so that you can keep your network up to date with the ports that you need forwarded and maximize your network security.
Port forwarding can also be set up step-by-step by hand. The process for forwarding a port is:
- You can start by logging in to your router.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router.
- Put your computer's IP address in the proper box in your router.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that you need to forward for RealVNC in the corresponding boxes in your router.
Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
You can choose your router from our list to see exactly how to forward ports for RealVNC:
List of Routers - Customized for RealVNC
That's all it takes to forward your ports for RealVNC.