When you play Resident Evil: Revelations you will enjoy the following styles of play.
- In a survival game you simply need to stay alive. Some have waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. Many are horror based, supernatural, or post-apocalyptic. They generally focus on conserving resources such as ammo and health, and sometimes employ elements of stealth.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- In an adventure game you generally play through a story, usually as the protagonist. They rely heavily on story telling and can be inspired from books or movies.
- In a third person game you typically run around looking over the shoulder of the main character. They are frequently shooters like Gears of War or platformers like Tomb Raider or Assassins Creed.
- In a shooter the player must have a very fast reaction time. Usually there i a weapon held out in front of the player that is used to target other players or enemies. They can be either single player or multiplayer. The single player versions usually have a short storyline with minor RPG elements. Call of Duty and Battlefield are some very popular examples.
Port Forward Resident Evil: Revelations
When you are playing Resident Evil: Revelations you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and frequently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- Your gaming machine's IP address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to locate your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Our Network Utilities software makes port forwarding a breeze. You can be done in just a few minutes.
The general process for forwarding a port is:
- Start by logging in to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the correct box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Frequently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Which Ports Does Resident Evil: Revelations Require
The necessary ports for Resident Evil: Revelations are as follows:
Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil: Revelations - Steam
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
Resident Evil: Revelations - Switch
- TCP: 6667,12400,28910,29900,29901,29920
- UDP: 1-65535
If you want to follow guides that are custom tailored to your exact router and Resident Evil: Revelations simply follow one of these links:
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox One
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 3
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 4
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Steam
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Switch
That's all it takes to forward your ports. Have more games that need a boost? Check out our growing list of games and applications.