How to Port Forward Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: Revelations is Capcom, Nintendo's Survival game released in 2012.
Resident Evil: Revelations is a survival style of game. Survival games are focused on resource management, such as health and ammo, and sometimes include elements of stealth. Most are either post-apocalyptic or supernatural based, and many have a strong horror component. The primary gameplay mechanic is to simply stay alive for as long as possible. Many survival games have multiple waves of enemies that get harder with each wave. It is an extremely popular style for zombie invasion games.
Forward Ports for Resident Evil: Revelations
When you are playing Resident Evil: Revelations you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and intermittently even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to find your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Most people use our Network Utilities software package to forward ports. It's the easiest way to forward ports when you need them and then close them when you do not. You can also do it by hand.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Open a web browser and navigate to your router's IP address.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the matching boxes in your router.
- Intermittently you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward for Resident Evil: Revelations
The ports that need to be forwarded in your router for Resident Evil: Revelations are as follows:
Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,3074
Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500
Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 3
- TCP: 3478-3480,5223,8080
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479,3658
Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 4
- TCP: 1935,3478-3480
- UDP: 3074,3478-3479
Resident Evil: Revelations - PC
- TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
- UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036
We have guides that are custom tailored for Resident Evil: Revelations that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox 360
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Xbox One
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 3
- Resident Evil: Revelations - Playstation 4
- Resident Evil: Revelations - PC
After that your ports should be open. Check out our full game and application list for more port forwarding guides.