Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a First-Person, Action, and Shooter game published by Activision, Bethesda Softworks released in 2001.
Ports To Forward for Return to Castle Wolfenstein
The specific ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein are as follows:
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - PC
- TCP: 27960-27969
- UDP: 27960-27969
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Steam
- TCP: 27015, 27036, 27960-27969
- UDP: 27015, 27031-27036, 27960-27969
We have guides that are custom tailored for Return to Castle Wolfenstein that will show you the ports that need to be forwarded in your router.
Return to Castle Wolfenstein includes the following genres of gameplay.
- First person games are played from the perspective of the player. They typically have a gun or other weapon held out in front, but this is not always the case. Many first person games are sometimes called "shooters" because the primary goal of the game is to shoot other players or creatures, but this is not always the case.
- Games that are considered action are all about centering the player in the middle of an evolving situation.
- Shooter games are fast paced action games that are based on testing the players reaction time. They usually involve the player holding a weapon in front of them and attempting to shoot other players or characters. Some shooters are short lived arcade style, but most have both a single player mission series and some have a large multiplayer following. Common shooters include Call of Duty and Battlefield.
Forward Ports for Return to Castle Wolfenstein
When you are playing Return to Castle Wolfenstein you might need to forward some ports in your router. Forwarding ports is a useful trick in gaming because it can really help to make your network connection most stable and on occasion even faster. Routers were not designed to allow incoming network requests and some games can play tremendously better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game.
Before You Forward a Port
Before you can forward a port you need to know the following things:
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of the device that the game will play on: either your computer or your console.
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward.
How to find your router's IP Address
The easiest way to locate your router's IP address is to run our free Router Detector utility. It's a part of the Network Utilities suite of tools and it's completely free to use.
How To Forward Ports
Don't have time? Use our Network Utilities software. It's the easiest way to both open and close ports in your router. Of you can do it manually if you want.
The normal process for forwarding a port is:
- Login to your router.
- Locate your routers port forwarding section.
- Put the IP address of your computer or gaming console in the proper box in your router.
- Put the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the corresponding boxes in your router.
- Sometimes you have to reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
After following those steps your ports should be forwarded. Head to our applications and games list for more port forwarding guides.